Chile (Chamber of Deputies)
Priority 1 & 2 1. Budgetary oversight & 2. Gender Equality
Priority 3 Building capacity for monitoring decentralization process
Priority 4 Building capacity for innovative digital technologies
Priority 5 Strengthening citizen participation mechanisms and transparency
EU Member States Parliaments
EU Member States ParliamentsSpain
Improving budgetary oversight
- Development of the capacities of the Budget Office, in particular budget analysis and oversight, through the professional strengthening of its staff.
- Strengthening the budgetary control capacities of members of the respective Commission, through comparative experience on budget oversight, implementation and amendments.
Strengthening gender equality in parliament
- Development of tools and instruments that would allow Congress to advance in the process of becoming a Gender-Sensitive Parliament, through support for the Gender Policy Coordinator and the women’s caucus.
- Strengthening the capacities of staff and deputies to carry out legislative and budgetary analysis with a gender focus, as well as the oversight of policy implementation.
Building capacity for monitoring decentralization processes
- Development of mechanisms to monitor the implementation of decentralizing reforms, through the work of legislative committees.
Building capacity for innovative digital technologies
- Harmonization of rules of procedure with regards to digital innovations.
- Strengthening of security mechanisms implemented in the processes of technological innovation.
- Improvement of the legislative information system.
Strengthening citizen participation mechanisms and transparency
- Strengthening of the mechanisms for citizen participation during the legislative process, especially during committee work.
- Strengthening of institutional accountability mechanisms, and evaluate the establishment of individual accountability mechanisms, in accordance with the commitments adopted by the Congress in the framework of OGP.