Priority 1 Strengthening the capacities of the research division within the Secretariat
Priority 2 Strengthening the committee system
Priority 3 Strengthening capacity for outreach
EU Member States Parliaments
EU Member States ParliamentsCzech RepublicIreland
Update: Legislative Drafting Seminar with the Parliament of The Maldives (25-28 January 2021)
17 parliamentary staff from the Parliament of the Republic of Maldives (The People’s Majlis) participated in a 5-day Seminar on legislative drafting, as part of the INTER PARES partnership with the People's Majlis and co-organised with the Inter-Parliamentary Union.
More information at: https://www.inter-pares.eu/news/legislative-drafting-seminar-parliament-maldives-january-2021
Strengthening the capacities of the research division within the Secretariat
- To ensure the staff hired for the newly created research unit within the Secretariat has the knowledge and professional capacity to conduct high-quality and impartial research and analysis, and to work with committee staff in supporting legislation and amendment drafting.
Strengthening the committee system
- Committee leadership and senior Secretariat staff to receive exposure to international best practices in committee terms of reference, leadership, annual work planning, and scheduling.
- Provide opportunities for Committee leadership to exchange with EU MS Parliament peers on priority subject areas where new policies and legislation are being developed, including on the Committee on Climate Change and Environmental Protection.
- To ensure that the Committee on Gender Equality and Human Rights has the necessary technical capacity in place to review legislation from a gender perspective, to propose gender-responsive legislation, and to conduct oversight of legislative and policy implementation from a gender perspective.
Strengthening capacity for outreach and dialogue with citizens and civil society
- MPs to effectively engage with citizens, civil society and the media including through the development of easily accessible video and digital platforms for information and dialogue.
Support to the Media department’s plans in enhancing citizens’ and civil society’s access to Parliament, through various means, including through further developing digital tools for engagement and outreach that are accessible to citizens and civil society, including those in remote locations.